Established in 1973 and inaugurated by the then Minister of Civil Aviation & Tourism (Honourable Dr. Karan Singh), STIC has today become one of the largest travel groups in India with offices in all major cities across the country. It represents about twenty of the world's best travel, aviation, tourism, cruise and hotel brands exclusively in India, and is focused on bringing the best of the world to India's doorstep. With its head office in Delhi, STIC Travel Group's vast network of offices practically covers every corner of India. Backed by trained travel professionals across various divisions and supported by the latest technology, it has the resources to offer seamless travel marketing solutions.
Working toward the future in the Present (Experience):
For STIC experience is not just a number - because that simply states how old we are - but a journey, which comprises all the triumphs and trials, crashes and crescendos, opportunities and threats that we have learnt and risen from. Adapting to changes, both temporary and permanent, has helped us adopt a dynamic existence, wherein " the present" is in our work, but "the future" is in our minds.
At STIC, we believe that success does not come from a single person. It is only when every employee in the organization is empowered and motivated to work towards this belief, can we truly succeed. And in order to do so, we need to build initiative and motivation at every level by constantly enhancing the structure and flow of communication. Keeping this in mind, we would like to present our "Principle of Participative Management", which is not just our philosophy, but the very foundation of our organization and is reflected in our corporate structure.
At STIC, we are constantly driven towards adding value to our corporate activities, thereby achieving 100% customer satisfaction. And as a means to do so, we have built an unparalleled physical and virtual network, which helps to penetrate every corner of the Indian Market, and seize valuable opportunities.
Industry captain and our Chairman:
Mr. Subhash GoyalOur Chairman, Mr. Subhash Goyal has not only steered the company to its present position of strength and emerged as a capable business leader but has expanded his area of operation to work for the entire travel industry. The Industry too has in return reposed trust in him by offering him numerous forums and platforms to espouse industry concerns. Today he is counted among the travel fraternity's foremost spokesperson. Over the past years he has served the industry in various capacities and at present also holds many important positions in government and industry's associations.
- President of the Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO) 1994 till 2000, 2004 till 2007 and again in 2011
- Mr. Goyal also holds a doctorate for his book Poverty Eradication and Economic Development through Tourism
- Non-official Director in the Board of Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation Ltd. (DTTDC)
- Member of the "Delhi Urban Heritage Foundation" of Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
- Member of the Advisory Council of The Indian Institute of Finance.
- Chairman of the Tourism Expert committee of ASSOCHAM
- Chairman - Expert Committee on Aviation, Tourism & Hospitality of Indian chamber of commerce and Industry (ICCI)
- President - Confederation of Tourism Professionals of India
- Managing Committee member & Chairman (services sector) of the Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO), established by the Ministry of Commerce from 2007-2010
- Co-Chairman of Committee of Civil Aviation of FICCI
- Chairman of the Govt. of India's Committee formed to increase Connectivity for the 11th 5-year plan
- Member - Airport Authority Advisory Committee
- Member - Government's Hotel Classification Committee
Our Physical Network
At STIC, we have developed a keen and critical understanding of dynamics governing the nature of markets. This combined with a vast source of business information has stood us in good stead while reaching out to the far corners of India.
- More than 40 offices centrally located across the length and breadth of India.
- A strong workforce of more than 300 employees.
- 24-hour connectivity through Phone , Fax, Internet and CRS systems.